Saturday, November 6, 2010

How may I help you?


There's something interesting I've discovered recently. If the very first language I speak on the very first time of the day is English, then I can speak fluently afterwards, but if it's French, then it will be the opposite.

So, here's what happened yesterday. There were two guests standing in front of the toaster and trying to get something from my colleague. Of course they're not going to get it since my colleague speaks only french and they are English-speaking guests. I approached and trying to ask what they want. However, the first word came into my head was french and I couldn't even think of a sentence like "how may I help you" to ask them. And just right there, they started to talk to me and saved my life at the point.

- Your order is on the way, sir. -

>>>
Photo taken a few weeks ago. Took my friends to dine at this restaurant while they're visiting Paris.